Show all quotations↑
chicken corn soup n, also attrib
A soup made with chicken, corn and rivels (small pieces of egg and flour dumpling).
contains mapscontains DARE survey quotes
- 1964 Amer. Heritage Cookbook 425, Chicken Corn Soup was a favorite in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, where it was often served on picnics during the summer. A 4-pound stewing chicken . . 10 ears fresh corn . . Rivels: 1 cup flour Pinch of salt 1 egg Milk.
- 1965–70 DARE
- Qu. H36, Kinds of soup favored around here
- 13 Infs, PA, Chicken corn soup; PA242, Chicken corn soup—corn, chicken and rivels (egg and flour drops like noodles);
- Qu. H45, Dishes made with meat, fish, or poultry
- Infs MD27, PA13, 22, 29, 150, Chicken corn soup;
- Qu. H50, Dishes made with beans, peas, or corn
- Infs MD27, PA18, 136, 150, 242, Chicken corn soup;
- Qu. FF1, . . A “social”
- Inf PA242, Chicken-corn-soup supper;
- Qu. FF16, . . Local contests or celebrations
- Inf PA7, Chicken-corn-soup supper.