Show all quotations↑
cream cheese n
1 Cottage cheese. esp Louisiana See Map
contains mapscontains DARE survey quotes
- 1941 LANE Map 299, The map shows the terms cottage cheese . . cream ch. . . and Irish ch. . . denoting a kind of cheese made of the curds of whole or skim milk, curdled either naturally or artificially. . . Cream cheese is often described as finer and smoother than the other varieties.
- 1962 Atwood Vocab. TX 61, The southern Louisiana cream cheese (also meaning cottage cheese) has penetrated into, but not much beyond, the southeastern counties of Texas.
- 1965–70 DARE
- Qu. H60, The lumpy white cheese that is made from sour milk
- 25 Infs, esp LA, Cream cheese.
- 1967 LeCompte Word Atlas 290 seLA, (Homemade cheese made out of milk curd)—Cream cheese [17 of 21 infs].