Show all quotations↑
- 1918 DN 5.16 Martha’s Vineyard MA, Pinkletink. . . Young frog. “I could hear the pinkletinks out in the swamp.”
- 1931–33 LANE Worksheets Martha’s Vineyard MA, Pinkletink. . . A peeper (frog).
- 1951 Hough Singing in Morning 15 Martha’s Vineyard MA, Someone says that the frogs are going it on Cape Cod, and that “many natives call them pinkwinks.” . . Over here on the Vineyard what we have is pinkletinks, and they are Hyla crucifer, tree toad now and forever.
- 1967 Borland Hill Country 107 Nantucket MA, On Nantucket the peepers are called pinkletinks, a name that sounds to me much like the sound the peepers make.
- 1980 NYT Article Letters Martha’s Vineyard MA, Pinkletink—Used only on Martha’s Vineyard. The spring-peeper or tiny tree frog.